The Examinations Timetable will be posted around campus approximately one month before the examination period.
- It is your responsibility to know the rules and regulations regarding exams
- You must be available for examinations up to the last day of the exam period
- Request to write an exam can be denied if you have not completed a substantial portion of the course work or if you are not official registered in the course
- For complete exam policies visit: ucalgary.ca/pubs/calendar/current/g.html
|What should you bring?
||What should you not bring?
- REQUIRED - UCQ Student ID card or Qatar ID
- Pencils and pens
- Items as directed by your instructor
- A CLEAR plastic cup for drinking water
- No label
- No other containers permitted
- Mobile phones
- iPods or other listening devices
- Devices with wireless internet access
- Good luck charms
- Items prohibited by your instructor (e.g. notebooks)
Start of the Exam
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled exam
- Exams will begin promptly at the time on the exam schedule
- All exams will be written in the gym unless otherwise noted
- All students MUST remain in the exam room for the first 30 minutes
- If you are more than 30 minutes late you will not be allowed in the exam room
During the Exam
|You must NOT:
||PENALTIES for offences include:
- Speak or communicate with anyone other than the exam invigilators
- Use prohibited items
- Allow your answers to be seen by other students
- Attempt to read and/or copy another student’s answers
- Other penalties as determined by the Dean
End of the Exam
- No student will be permitted to leave the room during the last 15 minutes
- Students MUST stop writing when the invigilator indicates the exam is over – if a student continues to write, the exam may be rejected
- Once your exam is handed in, you cannot request a cancellation for any reason
- Once your exam is handed in, deferred examination requests will be denied
- If leaving exam room early, do not create excessive noise while leaving
Deferred examinations are allowed for:
- Religious conviction
- Domestic situations
- having three final exams within a 24 hour period
Deferred examinations are not allowed for:
- misreading of the examination timetable
- Travel/vacation plans
- Any reason not expressly included in the ‘allowed list’
If you are unable to attend an examination at the scheduled time you must notify the instructor prior to the examination time. Please note that you may be required to submit supporting documentation (e.g. doctor’s note).
The final authority to grant or deny a deferred final examination lies with Students Services.
For more information on deferral of examinations, please visit Student Services.