The Health, Safety and Security is part of Facilities Department at UCQ and is responsible for developing the industry leading programs for the safety and security of the UCQ community to ensure a healthy and safe working and learning environment for everyone.
Our Vision: To enable UCQ to be an environmental health and safety leader.
Our Mission: To work collaboratively with UCQ clients and stakeholders to promote environmental health and safety strategies and systems. We foster a safe working, learning and research environment through the provision of consultative, educational and evaluation services.
Policy: The university's Occupational Health and Safety Policy outlines the university's commitment to:
- provide, promote, and maintain a safe work environment;
- establish and maintain an Occupational Health & Safety Management System (OHSMS) that meets or exceeds applicable standards established by the Partnerships in Injury Reduction Program (or any successor or replacement program) and all applicable laws;
- incorporate occupational health and safety considerations into daily job duties and business decisions as appropriate; and
- require individuals, corporations, and other entities subject to this policy to cooperate in the success of the OHSMS by complying with the OHS Act, the Regulation, the Code, all other applicable laws, this policy and all components of the OHSMS.
Employees, supervisors and managers are responsible to understand and comply with the policy.
Health, Safety and Security Services is responsible for a variety of functions including:
- Development and maintenance of the UCQ Environment, Health, & Safety Management System Documents
- Maintain the Health, Safety and Environment Document Record
- Perform annual review of Health, Safety and Environment Management System Documents
- Communicate Health, Safety and Environment Management System revisions to all applicable stakeholders
- Develop and update the UCQ Emergency Management Plan
- Develop and update best Campus Security procedures, operational guidelines and best practices
- Training and orientation
University of Calgary Emergency App:
Stay informed. Stay safe on campus. Download the UofC Emergency App
Report an incident, hazard or near miss (login required)
Contact Health, Safety and Security Department:
Room G32 Facilities Management, University of Calgary in Qatar
Phone: +974 4406 5347