Program Changes and Withdrawal
To withdraw from a course: submit a “Change of Course Registration form” to Student Services
- Students are not permitted to withdraw more than once from the same course
- All withdrawals after the add/drop deadline will appear on the transcript with a grade of “W”
The decision to withdraw from a course will result in prolonging the program and can delay graduation. All withdrawals must be discussed with the Graduate Program Coordinator and sponsors (if applicable).
All program changes, including transfer of specialization and transfer between course-based and thesis-based programs, require the approval of the Graduate Program Director and the Dean of the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
For more information about transferring programs, visit Student Services
Withdrawal from the MN program is removal from all course work and research with no intent of immediate return
- All withdrawals must be discussed with the Graduate Program Coordinator and sponsors (if applicable)
- If you would like to proceed with the withdrawal, see Student Services to get a “Graduate Withdrawal” form
- The student is responsible for negotiating with the sponsoring agency the repercussions of this decision
Students who voluntarily withdraw from a program but wish to return must reapply for admission. There is no guarantee of acceptance. Transcripts must be submitted for any academic work completed since the last registration date.