Student Spaces and Resources
Breastfeeding Room: G65A
A private, comfortable, and safe environment in which mothers can feed, express, and store breast milk
Campus Security: Call 4406-5269
Located around campus, including all major entrances. Responsible for the security of people on campus and for the protection of university property. Students must respect and follow the direction of security guards, inappropriate behavior will be reported to university officials.
Learning Commons : F31 and G58A
- Learning support
- Math support
- Peer mentor support
- Library support
- Research skills – help selecting appropriate research resources
- Writing skills – academic writing assistance
- Study space – quiet individual study areas
- Group discussion rooms for project collaboration
Clinical Simulation Lab: F46A
- Practice clinical skills
- Development of new clinical skills
Student Counselling: F29
The student counsellor is available to support students with issues that impact their mental wellbeing. Privacy and confidentiality are ensured. Both academic support (managing time, stress, procrastination, exams, etc…) and personal support (relationships, conflicts, balancing family and work, grief, etc…) are available.
Mindfulness Space: F30 & Corridor
With a focus on encouraging mindfulness, this space is a quiet sanctuary to take a break from busy university life. You can participate in various mindfulness activities such as:
- Guided Meditation
- Chess and Colouring Books
- Relaxation and quiet reflection
The mindfulness space is open to Students, Faculty and Staff of UCQ.
EAPP Support: G25
English language assistance.
Invoice and payment of fees.
Information Technology (IT): G38
- Wireless Internet help
- Assistance with classroom technology
- Questions about D2L
Marketing and Communications: G31
Volunteering for promotional materials and events
Student Services: G23
- Academic advising, student advocacy, registration help
- Program and progression planning
- Campus life
- Awards and bursaries
Computer Lab: G65A
- You can use the computer lab if there are not currently classes going on in them, there is also a printer available for student use. Laptops are available at Learning Commons for student academic use. These can be used anywhere on the UCQ campus.
D2L Online Resources: D2L/UCQ Study, Health and Wellness Resources
Find out more about important topics related to stud skills and wellness. Easy 24/7 access to more than 600 resources (videos, articles, Apps, websites, toolkits etc.) At your pace and in all privacy.