IMPORTANT NOTE: Admissions are suspended indefinitely.
- A bachelor's/baccalaureate degree in nursing from a recognized post-secondary institution
- A grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 ("B" average) or above. The diploma GPA for those students who have completed a post-diploma bachelor's degree will also be considered.
- Successful completion of one undergraduate course in research methodology (both qualitative and quantitative)*
- Successful completion of one undergraduate course in statistics
- Qatar citizenship or residency
- Qualify for scholarship and work release
- English proficiency (any one of the following)
- Completion of an undergraduate degree from a designated English speaking country
- Completion of UCQ Bachelor of Nursing
- Completion of UCQ English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program
- Minimum IELTS score of 7.0 or minimum TOEFL score of 97 (students can register for the IELTS exam at the College of the North Atlantic or the British Council)
- Preference will normally be given to Qatari applicants who meet admission requirements, although Qatari permanent residents are also encouraged to apply
- A preferred minimum of two years (full time or equivalent) clinical experience in a relevant nursing field
- Capacity to speak Arabic fluently
Prospective students are required to apply for admission to the University of Calgary in Qatar. Recommendations for admission must be approved by the Faculty of Graduate Studies at the University of Calgary (Calgary, Canada).
Applicants will be expected to achieve a minimum of a "B" in an undergraduate academic reading and writing course in the fall semester prior to official admission into the MN program. This requirement may be waived for native English speakers.