Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about Admissions

CLICK HERE for ARABIC Version of Frequently Asked Questions 


Please find below a list of some of the most commonly asked questions from our prospective students.

Does the University of Calgary in Qatar issue visas to international students?

No. To be considered for admission to the University of Calgary in Qatar, you MUST have Qatari Citizenship, a Qatar Resident's Permit, or the ability to seek Permanent Residency through a family member. UCQ does NOT have the ability to issue Student Visas.


How do I check my application status?

In order to stay informed about the status of your application please be sure that the email and telephone number you provide on your application are correct and up-to-date. UCQ will advise you as to a general time decisions will be made. If a decision has not been made within the timeline provided, please contact or phone +974 4406 5200.


What are the fees?

The University of Calgary in Qatar fees are listed here.


What documents are required?

  • All transcripts indicated on your application form. A transcript is an academic record of the subjects completed and grades received, as issued by an examining board, high school, college or university.
  • Photocopies of your original transcripts will normally allow us to make an admission decision. If you are admitted, official transcripts will be required at that time.
  • All transcripts in a language other than English must be accompanied by official English translations. The document in the original language and the English translation must be submitted together at the same time.
  • All post-secondary transcripts MUST have hours or credits listed for each course. Alternately, your school can provide this information in a letter or as part of detailed course outlines sent directly from the school. Without this information, we may not be able to evaluate your application. If you are having transcripts sent directly from your school, please notify them of this requirement before transcripts are sent.
  • Proof of English Language Proficiency
  • DO NOT SEND YOUR ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS TO UCQ. All documents submitted to the Recruitment and Admissions Office become the property of the U of C and will NOT be returned. After being scanned, they will eventually be destroyed.
  • Submission of any other requirements as requested by the Admissions Officer.
  • Please provide copies of QID and Passport.


Where can I download an application form?

Bachelor of Nursing Regular Track (BNRT)


What are official transcripts?

To be considered official, transcripts must be issued directly from the issuing institution (ex. high school, university, examining board) in a sealed envelope with the stamp of the institution over the seal (ex. high school, university, examining board) and sent directly to UCQ or delivered by the student without opening to UCQ.  For many countries, results of examinations conducted by national examining boards must be sent straight from the board rather than your high school. From certain countries, we will allow you to bring your original high school transcript to our office, where a photocopy will be made and considered official. For further information, call Student Services at +974 4406 5222.


My transcript was sent directly from my school. Why is it 'unofficial'?

Only transcripts in sealed school envelopes with the stamp of the institution on the seal are considered official. If the envelope is blank and there is no school logo or stamp, or if the seal has been broken before arriving in our office, we cannot confirm where the transcript was sent from. Please ask your school to stamp the envelope before mailing.


What are official English translations?

Official English translations are made by a Certified Translator. If your school will not provide English translations, have the documents sent to the U of C in the original language only. Then, have a copy of the documents to be translated brought to a Certified Translator. Translations must be submitted with a copy of the original language document. You cannot translate your own documents.


What are detailed course outlines?

Detailed course outlines are normally required for post-secondary courses not completed in Canada. Outlines must be verified (stamped) by school authorities and sent directly to UCQ in a sealed school envelope with the stamp of the institution over the seal. Outlines sent by the student are not acceptable. Outlines are not normally required for high school courses.

  • Course outlines should be very detailed and include a description of topics covered, textbooks used, grading practices, number of weeks of attendance (not including exam period), and hours per week of lecture, lab, and tutorial.
  • Calendar descriptions are not acceptable. They are too brief and do not include all of the above information.
  • Course outlines are normally only required for certain subjects at a university, depending on the program applied to:
    • Faculty of Nursing, we require outlines for courses completed in the areas of anatomy & physiology, philosophy and statistics.
    • All other Faculties: we require outlines for courses completed in the areas of science, mathematics, language course other than English, business, philosophy and economics.
  • Course outlines are required for ALL courses completed at a college (except for English as a Second Language (ESL) courses).


What if my school won't send detailed course outlines?

Contact Student Services at +974 4406-5200.


My college or university does not send transcripts. What do I do?

If you have your own copy of your transcripts, start by mailing a photocopy or faxing them to the Student Services Office. We require you to make every effort to obtain official transcripts (ex: email, fax, phone, mail). If you are still unsuccessful, contact Student Services as soon as possible. You will be asked to follow a detailed procedure in attempt to obtain your transcripts. This procedure may take months, so do not wait until the last minute. Please be aware of document deadlines when attempting to obtain transcripts.


Do I have to send a transcript for every school I attended?

You must submit a transcript for every high school and post-secondary school you ever attended. If you stopped attending before completing any courses (ex: moved, withdrew, etc.) you must still arrange for your school to provide a transcript, or a letter indicating that you withdrew in good standing and that no transcript is available. If you did not list all schools you attended on your application, notify Student Services at +974 4406 5222. Failure to report attendance at any type of school could result in permanent dismissal from the UCQ.


Does UCQ provide accommodations?

No, UCQ does not have accommodations available for students.


Does UCQ provide transportation?

No. Students are responsible for transportation to and from campus.