Admission Requirements for the Bachelor of Nursing (Regular Track) Program
Important Note: To be considered for admission to the University of Calgary in Qatar, you MUST have Qatari Citizenship, a Qatar Resident's Permit, or the ability to seek Permanent Residency through a family member. UCQ does NOT have the ability to issue Student Visas.
Students seeking admission to the regular track program may fall into the following categories:
- A student completing or who has completed a 12-Year Primary/Secondary School program
- A student attending or who has attended another accredited University or institution, studying a topic other than Nursing.
- A student who currently holds a diploma in Nursing which is not recognized by the University of Calgary.
Direct admission to the Bachelor of Nursing, Regular Track requires the completion of the following Grade 12 courses with a minimum grade of 65% in each course:
- One Option Course
*Based on Qatari curriculum, Biology course must be advanced.
- English Language Proficiency
- The ability to attend classes during the day.
Applicants that do not meet the above admission criteria for direct entry to the Bachelor of Nursing, Regular Track program may be considered for the Foundations Program.